Does anyone know the meaning of this word anymore? I'm beginning to wonder.
Dictionary.com has this definition: a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
A friend of mine, who is pregnant, has been having problems with people telling her things that they really shouldn't be saying out loud at all, even if it is just in a joking manner. Whoever said, "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me" was just an ignoramous! Words cut deaper than any stick or stone ever could! This friend of mine has kept such a good attitude through all the VERY innapropriate comments. But it makes me wonder WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING when they say certain things!
My grandma was telling me about a friend of hers that called her up the other day and chewed her out for something EXTREMELY petty. This lady has been my grandma's so called "friend" for years and then says the things that she did to my grandma. My grandma has a heart of gold, which happens to be a very soft metal, and it cut DEEP.
Maybe that's one of the reasons why our world is the way it is today. People don't have any tact whatsoever! I know we can take that to the extreme, but there has to be a happy medium somewhere. I just have been shocked to hear some of the words that some people actually let excape their mouths. A good reminder to me to WATCH MY TONGUE!!!
I know this post is kind of out of the blue and probably doesn't even interest a lot of you out there, but it was just on my mind and thought I'd share!
Friday, May 11, 2007
TACT
Posted by Janelle at 11:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just want to let you know I appreciate you, Janelle. My sister was very encouraged by your sweet comments on her blog. Thanks for caring so much!
AWW!! You. Are. SO. SWEET!!! Thank you so much for your unending encouragement to me. And like I said before, for some ODD reason, the mean makes me laugh (although not truly, genuinely happy, laugh) and the nice makes me cry!! LOL A good cry of course, cause I know that there are people that really do care!! Thank you SO much!! {{{{HUGS}}}}
There is definitely something about being pregnant that breaks down all discretion barriers for women. I can't tell you how many strangers wanted to talk to me about nursing, delivery, or even more delicate topics just because of my bulging belly!
Post a Comment