Thursday, December 06, 2007

God's little times of encouragement

I have to explain the details behind this particular incident. Last week Aaron was one sick little man. It all started on Monday and lasted pretty much all week long. He would not keep anything down. He'd throw up even the smallest amounts of anything. By Wednesday I was just focusing on fluids and resorted to giving him tiny little drinks from an eye dropper. This trick seemed to work, but was still somewhat of a battle the rest of the week. The beginning of this week he started having the runs (a nicer term for those goings on I think). By Tuesday of this week I was just plain tired of cleaning up after messes and trying everything possible to get this kid to feeling better. Now, for this little ray of encouragement that God blessed my heart with. I was in the living room folding laundry and Aaron was on the floor playing with his "tata head" stuff minding his own business. This suitcase full of stuff had a pair of orange bare feet. Aaron started playing with them and, much to my surprise, started saying "this piggy went to market, this piggy went to market, this piggy stay home". He just kept repeating that and all I could do was sit there and smile (probably the first one to cross my face in a week and a half). I thought that was so cute and I think I may have even chuckled too! I had to stop right then and there and say a silent little thank you to the Lord for little incidents like this help lift my spirits!



4 comments:

Abby said...

Oh, that's really cute - it actually made me smile so big and brought a tear to my eye! Isn't is amazing how something so little can change our outlook? How just a little smile can make the whole day better? I think that's the reason God gave us children - to enjoy the little things in life and change our perspective on EVERYTHING!!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that Aaron was so sick I hope he is better now, Did you and Ron get sick too? not much new here, we had the girls last night Tabor and Melisa went to Billings for an overnight, your statment is so ture thank God for the little blessings of life. Love Nana

Amy Martin said...

Oh, Janelle, I'm so sorry you had such a horrible week. And Aaron too. I hope and pray that everything is on the mend and you can get some kind of normalcy back.

Janelle said...

Nana and Amy,
Yes, that week was pretty long and horrible, and the next week (this past week) wasn't much better. I think I got too run down and caught the cold that was going around. On Tuesday and Wednesday I felt just plain awful, but was very thankful that I didn't have to take care of Aaron AND myself too. Aaron was pretty much back to normal by then so that was a huge blessing! I've still got a little bit of a cough and some sinus congestion, but am doing much better! I've taken so much vitamin C in the past week! Things are looking up though! I am thankful because we have TONS of stuff going on in the next week and this coming weekend!