Tuesday, November 21, 2006



On this second day of my week of thanks I would like to say that I am thankful for my son. He has truly taught me more than I EVER expected and I'm sure this is just the beginning in that department. He is such a joy to me and a rebuke at the same time. His child-like faith makes me ashamed sometimes. He trusts that mom and dad are going to take care of him and doesn't worry about it whatsoever. I need to trust God that way because he has told me over and over that He WILL take care of me no matter what, yet I continue to doubt when times get tough.

Aaron has also taught me to not be so selfish. I can't count how many times I want to just sit down and read a book or work on a craft or just drink a cup of tea, but Aaron thinks that it's play time and that I NEED to play with him. I've learned that it is better for me to put my wants and desires aside so that my son knows that I love him and am willing to put other things aside for him. "Thank you God for my dear, sweet son who daily reminds me of YOUR love for me!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that we are so thankful that our son found such a lovely young lady to marry, we love you nellie, and that little guy of yours is pretty special to us as well.
We would love nothing more then to have been able to be there for the holidays, maybe next year we can plan to come at thanksgiving and leave at christmas??? lol,
That was just a joke, anyway, give the little guy a kiss for us, always tell him that nana and papa love him, and you take care of my son and grandson, ok?? love you, dad and mom miller