Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Great resource


My grandma actually got this for my cousin two Christmas' ago (when she was 3) and she loved it. Then my Mom decided to get one for Aaron for Christmas this past year. He was a little young when we first got it, but we got it out while she was here and he actually sat still and listened and interacted too. If you look in a few of the pictures on the last post, Aaron is sitting with grandma reading his busy Bible!


This is a great little book to teach little ones Bible stories, while they can participate with their hands too. It has 12 different Bible stories that have little things for them to do to show that the story is happening. Such as, Noah and the Ark. It comes with two giraffes, two lions, and two elephants that they can put into a pocket that looks like an Ark. Or Jonah and the Whale. There is a whale on the page with a zipper for it's mouth and a little felt Noah that the whale swallows. I think it's great because even at age 2 they are just interested in what is involved with the picture, but as he gets older we are going to elaborate more and more on each page. I know I didn't explain it very well, but take a look at the website and read about it for yourself. http://busybibles.com They also include a little wordless book with the explanations for it too. Aaron likes to cary it around and act like he's reading it. Since a lot of my blogging friends have smaller kids I thought I would share it with you. It is a little bit pricey, but when you look at all the detail and handwork that went into making this, it's WELL WORTH IT!!! I've thought about trying to make one of my own, and maybe some day I will and maybe even add some stories to it, but for now we'll just enjoy this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks awesome, Janelle! Thanks for sharing this resource with us! I'll most definitely look into it. Maybe it could be a bday or Christmas gift for Chloe.

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Ha! I found you :) Thanks for mentioning the Busy Bible! Your description of it sounds like something Olivia would enjoy-- I'm going to look into it for sure. Your little boy is a cutie. My cousin is a Marine, and he got AJ a bib that looks like the front of their brown uniform (I don't know the technical name, but it's the uniform other than their dress blues). Take care, and thanks for keeping in touch :)