Thursday, May 24, 2007

More Birthday Greetings, only belated

First of all, my brother's birthday was actually last Friday, but I still wanted to wish him a public Happy Birthday! I won't tell how old he is, but I will say that I am so thankful for him. We've been best of friends since we were little. Yes, we had the usual brother/sister quarrels, but most of the time we were each other's best friends. He has kind of become a confidant to me and I thank him for who he his. Happy Birthday Bro! I love you! By the way, here is the most recent picture I have of him and his little doll baby Carter!
Then, last Saturday was my grandma's birthday. I won't disclose her age either, for which I'm sure she would be thankful! Aside from my Mother, she is the most wonderful lady in the world! I have been close to her as long as I can remember. We've had some very special memories and many wonderful times together. She is a woman who is ALWAYS giving of herself to others. Nearly a year ago we lost my grandpa to Parkinson's Disease, yet since then she still gives of herself to others. She definitely is categorized as one of my heros. I love you grandma and Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord for the heroes He gives us right in our family! I feel the same as you do . . . the older I get the more I see how amazing my mom, gramma, and mom-in-law are.

Amy Martin said...

Wow!! What a cutie that Carter is!! I haven't seen your brother for AGES!! I hope everything is well with him and Heidi.

Janelle said...

Amy,
JD and Heidi are doing well. They are in the process of building a house right now, so very busy. Carter is so adorable and he's got an older sister, Brooklynn who is just as cute! That picture of Carter was when he was like 3 months old, but he just turned 1 in March. I keep trying to talk Heidi into starting her own blog so that I could see pictures of those kids more often!!! Wish we lived closer.