Saturday, May 26, 2007

Visit to the USS Alabama


Last weekend we were fortunate enough to go to Mobile, Alabama and tour the USS Alabama. Two guys Ron works with were re-enlisting and thought it would be a special and memorable location. Aaron loved it because they had planes in the ground and then we got to go up on this huge boat. They did the little ceremony (pictures not included) and then they allowed us to tour the boat at our own pace. It was pretty incredible. I'm thankful we were able to do this while we were still here! Hope you enjoy the pictures! Oh, by the way, in the last picture Aaron was so exhausted he fell asleep right on Ron's lap!





















































6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a memorable experience! Looks like a boy's dream come true for Aaron! You must be so proud of your own hubby too during this memorial day. Praise the Lord for the sacrifices our military men have made for our freedom!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great opportunity and a great time for family. sure wish we could have been there too. I think Aaron stands a good chance to become a Marine, just like daddy! Ron knew he wanted to be a Marine by the time he was twelve, love you guys so much. Dad

Janelle said...

Alicia,
Yes, I am so very proud of Ron. He is one of my heroes for sure!

Dad Miller,
With a Dad like Aaron has to look up to, it wouldn't surprise me either. Also, we really wish we would have taken you guys over there to see the boat. It was just incredible and the whole time we went through it we were kicking ourselves that we didn't. Maybe next time!!!

inside the barricks said...

Looks like a great day too. I would also like to go sometime. Aaron is as cute as ever. I miss you guys!
Love ya!

inside the barricks said...

Looks like a great day too. I would also like to go sometime. Aaron is as cute as ever. I miss you guys!
Love ya!

Shannon Smith said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Ron looks quite sharp in his uniform!