Monday, July 02, 2007

Counting our blessings and milestones

As we turned the calendar page to July Ron and I noticed there were a lot of milestones in the last part of June and first part of July. I think it's great to look back and see God's provision and blessings in our lives.


June 15th - one year since Ron's laser eye surgery (the surgery went perfectly and he's still seeing 20/20 because of this)


June 24th - Ron's 11 year mark in the Marine Corp. (a job he still loves despite some of the negative aspects that go along with military life)

June 27th - two years of owning a house (God's provision)

June 30th - we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary (how we made it this far I'll never know, he he, just kidding! God brought us together and we're as much in love today as we were six years ago)

July 1st - marks three years we've been attending Charity Baptist Church (we absolutely love this church and know the Lord put us here for a reason; it's going to be very hard to leave when that time comes, but know the Lord will see us through)

God is so good!

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!!!

Janelle,
You are a saint. To put up with Ron for SIX years??? WOW!!

Just kidding. You all are so cute together!

Unknown said...

Did Ron have lasik surgery? I've wondered if I could get that one of these years as I'm sick and tired of wearing contacts!

Happy 6th anniversary to you both! I hear ya, we're going on 5 years next month and sometimes I realize that God's grace has been the only glue holding us two sinners together!

Janelle said...

Amy,
Yes, sometimes I do wonder how I put up with him for SIX years!!! =) All things considered he's just wonderful, MOST of the time anyway! He! He!

Alicia,
Yes, he actually had a type of laser surgery where they don't have to cut off the flap, as they do with the lasik. It's quite an amazing surgery actually. I got to watch the entire thing through a little window they had there. The computer does everything really. The reason they don't cut back the flap and then put it back and let it heal itself is for the risk of scar tissue. They actually cut off the flap completely and let the eye make another one and heal itself. He had it done in Bethesda Medical up in DC, by military doctors and praise the Lord the military paid for everything except our food and lodging! He has had absolutely no problems whatsoever since and the eye doctors are simply amazed. That's prayer baby! Ron really wants me to get it done, but I don't think the military would pay for me to get it done so it would have to be out of pocket, but he says it's so well worth it. It scares me a little because God only gives us one set of eyes and to put them in the hands of a doctor is a little unnerving. I wear contacts too and get tired of dealing with them as well so I guess we'll see what happens!