Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Hair Cut

No, Aaron is not a cancer patient, no, it wasn't an oops I forgot the guard on the clippers, this was actually done on purpose. I didn't realize it was going to be quite this short, but it's actually growing on me. Ron says that hair is over-rated anyway! I think it's going to be great for the summer and in two weeks it'll be almost back to normal anyway. I guess maybe I did this because I hate so much seeing these older boys, or are they girls? (we've honestly had to question the gender of some we've seen), have WAY too much hair! My son, as long as he lives under our roof, will NOT have long hair! Maybe this was a little extreme, but at least I get my point across! Hope grandparents aren't too mad at me! At least his hat fits now!

7 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I totally agree with you on the hair opinion!!
Aaron's haircut looks cute, and I'm sure it will be cool for the summer for him.
My mom used to cut my brothers hair about that short every summer growing up.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is short! I bet it will be incredibly easy and cool for him this summer though. Did you buzz him yourself?

Janelle said...

Shannon,
Yea, it's going to be great for the summer. I'm not sure if it will become an annual thing or not. Guess we'll see!

Alicia,
Yup, I'm the barber around here. Ron used to get his haircuts on base and I kept telling him to let me try. He finally did and I've been doing it ever since. He gets a haircut once a week to keep up with military regulations. He tries to go longer than a week when we're on vacation, but it starts bugging him at a week and a half! It's fun and saves money, especially since he gets it done so often!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great too! It's really getting to be the "in" thing around here for some. Clayton says he's becoming "in" :)
Ray has been shaving his for a couple of years now and he even takes a razor to it! He will let it grow out a little in the winter but now very much. That's the only way I can cut hair, cut it all off.Hah!

Janelle said...

Jenna,
So good to hear from you! Yea, I tried "styling" his hair, but ended up just taking a guard to the whole thing. Seems like the "in" thing around here is LONG hair on boys and I simply cannot stand that! We saw a boy, or so we think anyway, riding his bike the other day and I told Ron that seeing boys like that with the long hair make me want to shave THEIR heads! Ray looks nice with a shaved head. I think we were lucky with Aaron too that he has a nice shaped head for almost no hair! We'll just have to see if this becomes the norm!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you and Tabor went to the same hair cutting school. :) He forgot the guard the last time he cut his hair too. I asked him if he was joining the Army.
Aaron does look cute, different but still my adorable, cute, little nephew.
He looks like Uncle Tabor now :)
Love, Melisa

ruth said...

He reminds me so much of Ron! It's very cute.