Tuesday, July 24, 2007

VBS Fun!

We had a great time at VBS last week. It was a great week with a great turn out of kids. The theme, as you can see, was "Take the Plunge" or a beach/water park theme which was so much fun decorating for! The posters you see were traced first and then handpainted by yours truly and a couple other people who helped. They took WAY longer to paint than anticipated, but were well worth it!

In the first picture, Aaron was helping us decorate. He absolutely loved the colorful intertubes! The following pictures are of some of our decorations.

































The best picture of all of our kids in our opening assembly. We were separated into 3 groups, Beginners (which I helped out in), Primaries, and Juniors. In the Beginners and Primaries we averaged 30 kids every night and the Juniors averaged 15 or so, truly a blessing and answer to prayer!














The beginners singing some songs before the Bible story.

Intently listening to the Bible story.














Snack time!
Our little Beginners group.














Again, we had a wonderful week, but the best part is that 3 little boys got saved! That made all the tiring hours and late nights worth it!
Then we had a Family Fun Day on Saturday for the kids and their parents. It was so much fun! They had tractor trailer rides, a jumping house, horse rides, a dunking booth, and pizza for everyone to follow! The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves and I think the parents did too!































7 comments:

Hunter Happenings said...

I FINALLY FOUND YOU!!! I went through all of the links on Jenny pitsleys blog to find you...lol.

Amy Martin said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!

Oh, and maybe you should take some sewing classes and some painting classes!! J/K I say that with a great amount of sarcasm, because everything you do looks absolutely WONDERFUL!! Awesome job on the posters.

And may I be the first (on here) to say Congrats. I'll just leave it at that.

Janelle said...

Missy,
I'm glad you FINALLY found me! I'm on Facebook too ya know! Glad you stopped by!

Amy,
Boy does news travel fast! I'll be posting soon!

Anonymous said...

Aaron looks like a Wyoming cowboy on that pony. Love Nana

Unknown said...

Awesome painting job on those signs! Wow, I won't ask how many hours went into those.

Looks like Aaron thoroughly enjoyed himself at that Saturday fun day!

Anonymous said...

I think that first picture of Aaron is so cute it reminds me of a roll of lifesavers, How fitting for VBS Christ is our lifesaver, Love Nana

inside the barricks said...

great turn out!!
Aaron you look like a natural on the horse. Aly go to ride a horse for the first time a couple weeks ago, I will get pictures of it on soon.
Love, Auntie Melis