
We started out our LONG treck by first going to St. Louis (about a 12 hour drive). I found a great hotel there that actually had an indoor playground, a kiddy pool, a big pool, and a few arcade games for the older ones. Sorry I didn't get any pictures there. We were too busy having fun, which was quite nice after such a long days drive. Aaron did so good in the car and I thank the Lord for that!
The next day we played a little in the morning and then went downtown to see the sights. The Gateway Arch was pretty amazing. We even went to the top in one of those little pod things. The view was great. 
Monday, October 29, 2007
Vacation Pictures Part 1 (of many)
Posted by Janelle at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
So much fun!!! I remember those wonderful 'pod things'. It's more like an EGG!! Packed with 5 people! Not my forte! But the view IS fantastic.
Please tell me you didn't drive through Chattanoog to get to your destination! We live right between Chattanooga and Nashville.
We are planning a trip to Pensacola the weekend of the 17th. Let me know if it will work to stop in a see you. Johnny's cousin is getting married, but we weren't invited to the wedding, so we're travelling down there with his brother that WAS invited and figured we would visit old friends during the wedding.
BTW, I like the way you are hiding your belly in the picture!! Show us some baby!!! LOL
Amy,
We actually went through Memphis on the way North, but came back down through Nashville. For whatever stupid reason I thought I had your phone number and found out that I didn't when I went to look for it. I'm sorry I thought about it too late.
I would LOVE to get together with you guys that weekend. I must add though, our Marine Corp. Ball is that weekend and it is in Destin. We had planned on going over there sometime Friday and staying till probably early Sunday morning in order to be back here in time for church. (Side note: are you guys going to try to go to the church where your old Pastor is or do you have to get back to work Monday?) Also, the weekend before that is the Blue Angel's Homecoming Air Show. Just thought I'd mention that since you said you wouldn't be going to the wedding anyway. We'll have to work something out.
BTW, I wasn't technically "hiding" my belly. =) I was just trying to get a picture with my squirming two year old since I don't have very many of he and I. But don't worry, belly pictures will be coming soon!
bet you guys had a lot of fun.. hey could you send me some of you pictures through the email? some reason I didn't have my camera out and got zero pictures.
Love you guys!
Love,Melis
janelle- i had lost your blog page off my google reader and then i was having a hard time trying to locate it through your profile page, etc. anyways, all that to say i was out of the loop about your second. Congratulations!! you are right around 2 weeks ahead of me. i'll make sure and stay tuned now- especially once you find out what you'r having.
Awesome! I've never been to St. Louis but have heard it's a very fun place to visit. How'd Aaron like being up so high in the arch? You got some great arch pictures! And what a blessing to be able to chill out in such a kid-friendly hotel before braving the rest of the long drive.
Post a Comment