First of all, I know we all were affected by this day in history five years ago, but today I would like to pay special tribute and remebrance (especially in prayer) to those families who were affected tragically. The men and women who lost their lives in the plane crashes as well as the twin towers, the police officers and fire fighters who gave their lives courageously to try to save someone else's life, and last but not least, the military men and women who have been fighting since then allowing us to continue enjoying the freedoms we have. I know we get busy in our every day things and do forget to think of them let alone pray for them, but on this anniversary, let us take at least a minute to think of all those who were impacted by that fateful day.
Secondly, I would like to pay tribute to my grandpa Gwynn. He passed away just over two months ago now, and today is his birthday. What a special man who taught so much, and really didn't talk very much at all. He had Parkinson's Disease for over 30 years, yet he never complained about anything really and if he did it was something pretty serious. He was a very strong man (even if it was just his will) who never ever stopped trying. Thank you grandpa for living a life who anyone would like to emulate. I love you grandpa!
Monday, September 11, 2006
Tribute Day
Posted by Janelle at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was a great tribute Janelle. You're right your outlook does really change when you have a close person you love affected by these tragedies and the war on terror. Also an Amen to what a special man your Grandpa was. He will be missed until we all see him again! Love to all..
Jenna,
Thank you for your comments. Hope you all are doing well. So, Justin's a Marine now. Boy, it's hard to believe that he's old enough to even be eligible. I'm sure you are so proud. Hope you enjoyed the graduation. We wished so badly that we could have been there. Give him our congrats and would love to see pictures if you have any. Love to all there!!!
Post a Comment