I've been tagged by several people to tell seven wierd things about myself. Believe it or not, it's actually easier than I thought it would be! I asked Ron and he only told me one thing at first, then the more he thought about it he came up with a couple more. So here is the wierd ME!
1. I pronounce the word "milk" as "melk". I never noticed this until Ron told me. Every time we go shopping he says, what do we need? I say "melk". He'll say, "what was that?" until I pronounce it with a hint of sarcasm "miiiiilllllk"!
2. I swallow really loud when I drink. Ron has pointed this out MANY times and has made me self conscious about it. When I try to drink quietly I end up choking on whatever it is that I'm drinking. Ron seems to think I need to get it checked out by a doctor. I have just learned to laugh and try to drink in the other room. If I'm drinking a glass of water, minding my own business, and I catch Ron just staring at me smiling, I have come so close so many times to spewing my beverage out of my mouth or other places from laughing because I know what he's thinking!
By now you must be thinking, YEAH, Janelle really is REALLY wierd!!! =)
3. When I brush my teeth, or even wash my hands for that matter, I HAVE to clean the sink. I don't know if it is because I can't stand little tootpaste globs in my sink or soap bubbles or because my grandma does this too, but I can't even wash my hands in a public bathroom without swishing the water around as I'm rinsing to clean the sink out.
4. I HAVE to have all of the labels on EVERYTHING in my pantry facing out. I know this may not be that wierd, but I can't stand it when it's messed up!
5. When I'm sleeping I CANNOT stand either breath, or even air from a fan, on my skin. If I have my arm draped over my chest and I start breathing and feel my own breath on my skin I have to immediately cover it up. That goes for Ron too. If he's laying next to me and my shoulder is exposed and I feel him breathing on me, I have to either turn over or cover my arm up. It's almost like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Someone could probably torture me with this one!
6. I used to like to dip my french fries in tartar sauce. I don't do it so much anymore, only once in a while. I would always get a fish sandwich from McDonalds and inevitably there would be tartar sauce oozing out of one side. I'd just rescue it with a french fry!
7. I grind my teeth when I sleep. I think I only do it when I'm really tired, but Ron still thinks this one is wierd. He seems to think that I have some sort of pent up aggression that comes out as teeth grinding. I think it's more common than he thinks!
So there you have it. I'm sure I'm missing some, but I do still want to have at least a few friends left! Now, next time I see you, please do everything in your power to refrain from giving me that look that says, "WOW, YOU ARE SOOOO WIERD"!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Okay, Okay
Posted by Janelle at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
those things aren't tooooo weird :) I also do the sink cleaning thing, at home anyway, not in public :) I sometimes even do it while Tabor is shaving drives him nuts. "I will clean it" he says. Anyway I don't think your things are that weird, your pretty normal.
At least you don't have any really weird eating habits like BANANAS and CHEETOS!!! YUM YUM!!! I like the label thing. My OCD tendencies creep out when I hear others' quirks. Right now I think I should go straighten mine up again since the kids usually put the canned stuff away for me now. And the toybox thing from Melisa; I usually clean Cheyenne's out on a regular basic, but now I think I should go straighten it! I'll have to add that to my list of things to do before the baby gets here. Because I'm sure he'll care that his sisters toys are in order or the labels on the canned goods are all showing!! LOL I'm SO weird. The more I think about it, the worse it gets. I'll stop now!! LOL
Nah, you're not weird. We all have weird tendencies. You just decided to make yours public! :)
I must be weird too then because I grind my teeth (not as much as I used to when I was little though) and I eat my McD's fries with mayo. THe good fatty McD's mayo. Yum-yum! Comes from years of working there I think. :) Did you ever work for the golden arches?
Thanks all for your reassurance that I'm not "tooooooo" weird!
Alicia,
No, I never worked at McD's. Sometimes I wish I would have at least a little experience in that area. I always wonder what they are doing back there with our food! Sometimes it scares me!
Post a Comment