Monday, June 11, 2007

Make Me A Servant AGAIN!!!

I believe the Lord is really trying to make this "Make Me A Servant" thing REALLY soak in. I was asked a couple weeks ago if I would make some culottes for the girls who were going to camp. I helped make some for them last year as well so I said, "sure"! I was supposed to get together with another lady to go get the material and other things to make them, but she got sick and was unable to meet up with me. So, I had to take it upon myself to go get everything so that I could get this done. Last Monday was when I got all the material and started sewing on Tuesday. To make a LONG week, and story, short I made the finishing touches on the final one Saturday afternoon. I ended up making 15 pairs, and actually had material enough to make five more, but totally ran out of time. I was able to deliver them to their respective wearers yesterday morning, just in time for them to pack them and head off to camp today. I think Aaron, and probably Ron too, was most happy that I finished that project. He was so patient, for the most part, throughout this past week. Praise the Lord they are done, and that He helped me keep my sanity, as well as my poor family's, throughout this past week!!!

4 comments:

Amy Martin said...

FIFTEEN PAIRS??!! WOW!! You go girl!! I'm thinkin' you need a nice relaxing vacation to Tennessee, to... you know, swim and swim and swim and sew bedding for me, and swim and swim and swim!! How was that for subtle?! LOL

Janelle said...

Yeah, that's pretty subtle! =) I would LOVE to come up there and visit and swim and help sew! Maybe some day!
It's kind of funny today, I don't really know what to do with myself now that that BIG project is over! I'm sure I'll figure something out!

Unknown said...

Holy cow, you were a sewing maniac last week! You must be so tired of looking at your sewing machine. I'm sure the gals you made the culottes for really appreciated them - way to go servant Janelle!

Shannon Smith said...

Wow, you've been busy! I hope the girls appreciated all your hard work!