It all started Monday morning when I thought I'd try a little harder on the potty training issue. I put Aaron in "big boy underwear" and took him into the potty. After a successful run on the potty and the excited Hip Hip Hurray dance from me AND an M&M as a treat for Aaron, I finally saw a speck of light at the end of that long, grueling tunnel! He's had his accidents for sure, but overall the progress has been worth the effort. He's still in big boy underwear and we're still going in on the potty ever twenty or thirty minutes, so I'm praising the Lord for that. He's been so good to me this week. I thank Him for the patience He's given and am always praying for more! I've found it is tiring, but again, well worth the effort. Here's a few pictures for your enjoyment!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Potty Training Progress
Posted by Janelle at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Hang in there, Janelle. It gets better, really. And when you're done, you'll be so glad it's over! LOL Nathan is acutally taking himself potty, and NOT making a mess! Miracles do happen, and God does answer prayer. Just be careful about the praying for patience thing. I did that.....five times to be exact. :) Have a great day!
Sounds like you two are doing fabulously for only really being at it a week! Hope you and keep it consistent over the weekend. We'll be joining you all on the potty train in another few months. Glad to hear it's going so well for you guys - gives us a ray of hope!
oops, just noticed a typo in my comment it should read "Hope you can keep it consistent over the weekend."
Congratulations! It really is SO worth it.
I love the fingers up the nose picture. Such a 'Miller' thing!! LOL J/K. I don't really know, I just thought it would be funny to say!
And the boxers!! Where did you find those!! I love 'em.
You go, littl man!!
Thank you all for the MUCH NEEDED encouragement!!! I know the short term pain will be worth the long term gain, I just can't wait to get there!
Sherri,
Yes, I know I do need to be careful when praying for patience. I've decided to pray for longsuffering!!! =)
Alicia,
Yes, there's no going back now. Even though our weekends are usually pretty busy running around and stuff I definitely plan on staying consistent. In fact, on Wednesday night we actually took Aaron to the nursery with the big boy underwear on and warned the workers. And, sad to say, he had a stinky accident while he was in there, but they took it all in stride, and I'm hoping Aaron learned something from it.
Amy,
I plead the 5th on the fingers up the nose thing! ;) And I just love his boxers too. I found these at Target. Wal-Mart sells boxers, but they don't fit as well. These are Fruit of the Loom and are a little more pricey, but the other ones are made so cheaply that the elastic goes out of the waist and legs after the first wash. Aaron's still such a little guy and these fit him so well. I feel it's worth the price. I think they will last longer too.
Post a Comment