Friday, November 16, 2007

Wonderful Veteran's Day!

We had such a neat Veteran's Day at church this past Sunday. We had our active duty servicemen lead us in the pledges and then Ron and three other men sang the National Anthem. Then they had purchased medals (the front said "Victory" and the back said "Thanks Vet" and then had the name of our church) for all the veterans and then played the theme song for each branch and had the respective veterans come up onto the stage to receive their medals. I got so emotional when I saw how MANY there were up there. Just a very special service. I appreciate so much how patriotic our pastor and church are! Hope everyone else had a nice Veteran's Day weekend, even though this is a little late!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a touching service. I was thinking sunday in church, I sure wish i was at Ron and Janelle's church today. what a blessing to get to participate in such a great Worship service. love you son. thanks for the time that we got to spend together.

Amy Martin said...

I love your church. I'm glad we got to attend, though not for this service. Sounds really neat!