We had such a great weekend. We were celebrating the Marine Corp. birthday with their annual Birthday Ball. Happy Belated Birthday Marines! The Ball was in Destin which was about an hour and a half away from Pensacola. It was in the Hilton there! Let me tell you, I am definitely impressed with Hiltons! The bunk beds were the first thing we saw as we walked into our room. Then we saw the rest of the room and our jaws just dropped! Here is Ron and Aaron already making themselves at home!

Here is the view from our balcony. We were on the seventh floor. It was just beautiful! The weather wasn't quite warm enough to go walking on the beach, much to my disappointment, but we sure enjoyed the scenery anyway!



Aaron got to enjoy the pool.
The sunset was just breathtaking! I believe there was a wedding scheduled for that evening on the beach and oh how beautiful that would have been!
Saturday night we got to enjoy the Ball. It was the best ball that I've been to yet. They had a great guest speaker, the decorations were beautiful, and the guys acutally behaved themselves through the ceremony. It was just a nice time for the two of us! The first picture is of some of the Marines carrying the cake and on the right side of that picture is the oldest and youngest Marines that were present. The older passes the cake to the younger symbolizing the passing of the torch in a way. The whole ceremony is really neat, but I didn't get pictures of the rest of it. The whole weekend was very special and relaxing before we get into the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.







5 comments:
Isn't it great to get away?! Among all the other things to make the weekend memorable, there's always the $16 grilled cheese sandwich, right? LOL Gotta love a Hilton and it's room service!
It was great to see you guys again.
Hey looks awesome. You and Amy are living it up with the Hilton's :) I drove by the hotel when Truth and I went to Destin We walked around the same beach but didn't stay at the hotel.
Wish we could have been there.
Happy Birthday Ron!
Melisa
Amy,
Yes, I should have explained that on my blog too. I guess I can laugh about it now, but it's still unbelievable! I should save the receipt to remind us to never do that again, unless it's someone else's money or something like that! =)
Melis,
That beach looked gorgeous, but to get Ron out there is like pulling teeth. I should have just gone on my own, but that's never as fun as it would seem to be. Like I said on Amy's blog, we have the beach virtually in our backyard and only make it there a couple times a year, if we're lucky! I would love to go more often, but I guess that's just the way it is!
Also, I should have put a disclaimer on the post too. We were living it up, but we got a special deal on the room because there were A LOT of Marines staying there! Would love to do it again. Maybe someday!
What an amazing family getaway! And you look terrific in that fancy schmancy dress. What fun!
Hello to all, looks like you had a wonderful time at the Marines Birthday Bash. What a beautiful sunset.
Love ya, Grandma Miller
Post a Comment