Sunday, January 06, 2008

Changes during Christmas vacation

The first change is that we bought a new car. One of the guys that Ron works with is having their third child and decided they were going to bite the bullet and get a mini van so they needed to sell their car. They had a "too good to be true" price on it, which is about half of what Blue Book quoted and so we couldn't pass it up. Ron's little red car has been such a good one, but I fear that it's on it's last leg so it was definitely time for an upgrade and a four door for convenience sake. It is a 2004 Honda Accord with leather interior and all the bells and whistles that go along with it. We are truly blessed! Now we are going to try to sell Ron's little red car so we'll see how that goes. I'm almost sad to get rid of it because of all the memories we've had in that little car, but so happy at the same time considering how old it is and all the things that it has seen! Anyway, here's our newest addition!



The other change during this Christmas break is that Ron decided he wasn't going to shave the entire two weeks. It was quite a change for sure, but now it's back to "normal" where he shaves every day and gets a haircut once a week. I'm actually surprised at the incredible transformation that has happened. I think he almost looks like a completely different person in these two pictures! Just thought I'd share them with you!





5 comments:

Abby said...

Nice car! We already bit the bullet and got a mini-van, and we only have one baby!! ha!! Ron looks a lot younger when he shaves! Vince does too, but he looks TOO young without a beard (like in his teens or something!) Looks like you had a good Christmas too. I can't wait for your little one to come so you can have fun with her next Christmas!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great looking new-to-you car! We'll be diving in and purchasing something newer in the next year or so. Our battered 10 year old Jetta isn't going to cut it much longer. It's been a trooper though! It's like one of the family. :)

Matt does the same beard-growing thing once in awhile. I don't mind the scruffy look but before too long he looks positively grizzly. I love a clean shaven cheek to kiss!

Anonymous said...

I LIKE the car! A LOT congrats you guys get the greatest deals.

Janelle said...

Abby,
Yes, it will be even more fun having two next Christmas!!! And, yes, I thought Ron looks much younger clean shaven too. I prefer the clean shaven myself, but don't mind the change every once in a while, like once a year! =) And, don't worry about biting the bullet with the mini-van. At least you have all the room you could ever need now!

Alicia,
Ron's little red car is like that too. He has had it since just after he joined the Marine Corp. so it is going on 11 years old now! Like I said, it would truly have some stories to tell if it could! And, I'm with you on the clean shaven cheek to kiss! =)

Melis,
We get like one good deal for every 50 that you guys get!!! =) Seriously though, it seems like you guys find a LOT of great deals, maybe not quite this big but the little ones do add up too! =) We're praising the Lord for his bountiful blessings!

Amy Martin said...

You will really like this new car, especially with TWO little ones to get in and out of the back seats. But I'm sure you really enjoy your Durango and will use that most! I know I absolutely LOVE my Suburban. It is SO roomy, which leaves plenty of room for everyone!